Have you ever been applying your makeup and when everything is looking great, you suddenly make a mistake that totally ruins all your efforts?
You’ve had to take off all your makeup and start again…Boy! Is that frustrating, I know the feeling as I’ve done it myself. So I’ve put together 5 simple tips to fix your makeup mistakes that I have learnt along the way that will save you all the hassle of having to start from scratch again.
These are the most common mistakes and the best tips to quickly fix them without having to take off all your makeup.
1. You Put On Too Much Foundation
You’re not alone on this one, it’s such a common mistake. If you are totally made up, take off the excess foundation by doing this:
- Lightly moisten a clean sponge or cotton makeup pad with water (should almost feel dry to touch) and sponge all over your face with downward movements.
It’s really important, to avoid applying excess foundation and concealer around your eyes as it can settle into and highlight fine lines. To eliminate any excess in this area, repeat the same step as above, and then use your fingertips to softly blur the product.
2. Your Eyeshadow Looks Too Dark
If you’ve put on too much eyeshadow, or it looks too dark, follow these steps to quickly fix the mistake:
- If it happened on your upper eyelid, blur the eyeshadow toward the edges with a clean brush to reduce the colour. If it still looks very dark, apply a little bit of matte cream eyeshadow with a brush (if you don’t have cream eyeshadow, you can use translucent powder) and blur the eyeshadow.
- If it happened on the lower part of your eye, use a fine, clean brush to blur, or pat it softly with a cotton bud.
3. You Apply Too Much Blush
Oops…Don’t look like you’ve just stepped out of a bygone era with too much blush on, to fix try this:
- Stroke your cheek with a thick, loose powder brush—the brush should be completely clean. If you still have too much blush on, apply translucent or clear powder with the same brush, just over the blush. That way the two powders should mix.
When applying powder blush shake off excess powder from the brush, then lightly apply in downward strokes, not sideways across the cheekbone as this will give you a real 80’s look. Squeeze your mouth so your cheeks go hollow and you will notice your cheekbones, apply the blush lightly along your cheek bone.
4. You Put too Much Makeup On Your Eyebrows
Putting too much eyebrow pencil or powder on our eyebrows can look harsh. This tip will quickly soften your look:
• Simply brush the eyebrow with a clean cotton bud, going against the grain of your eyebrow. You will see how quickly the color you initially applied disappears.
5. You Smeared Mascara On Your Eyelid
This happens all the time…don’t worry, just follow this steps and you’ll see how you can quickly fix the problem:
• Continue applying makeup and when you have finished, allowing enough time for the mascara to dry, apply a cotton bud right over the smudge. It will quickly disappear and you won’t need to remove the makeup from your whole eye.
There you have it, simple tricks to fix small mistakes!
Try complimenting your makeup by wearing a necklace, that will really finish your look off and give you a bit more of a pop. Read how to Nail Wearing Your Necklaces with 5 easy tips. Join me in person at Love The Way You Look Workshop where you will get so much Personal Styling goodness.
Hope to meet you soon.